Here is a recipe for really delicious granola bars. Although there is a lot of ingredients, the procedure is really easy. Also, you can choose ingredients according to your wishes (athletes might want to put more hemp protein or seeds, chocolate fans can put more cacao powder ...), taste and available ingredients. Those mentioned here are basically for orientation only.
Here it goes...
You will need:
- 250 g nuts (almonds, peanuts, cashew nuts ... )
- 200 g dried fruit (incan berries, apricots, raisins, goji berries, dates ...)
- 3 tablespoons grinded chia seeds, soaked in at least the twice amount of water
- 3 tablespoons shelled hemp seeds
- Cacao (powder or nibs)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 100 g oats
- 4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 100 g dark chocolate for coating
Cut nuts and fruit in small pieces, add grinded chia seeds, cacao powder, coconut flour, oats, honey and coconut oil and mix everything with your hands. If the mass is too dry (for instance, if the oats are still not soaked), add a little bit of water. Mass should however stay compact and not liquid.
Spread the mass in the rectangle form in the baking tray. It should be around 1 – 1.5 cm in height. Put it in the oven for 20 minutes at 180°C.
When big granola bar cools down, melt dark chocolate and a tablespoon of coconut oil over steam and pour it over your healthy dessert. Leave granola so it cools down, cut it in smaller pieces and your granola bars are ready!